[psas-software] to-do and scheduling: special meetings -- and a launch?

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Thu Jun 2 12:57:56 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 08:01 -0700, Travis Spencer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 01:34:48AM -0700, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> > I'm calling two special get-togethers early next week to hammer out
> > issues for demos and a launch.
> > and I'd like them to happen before our regular meeting next
> > Wednesday.
>
> This will be tough but doable.

Yeah, I know. I hope you decide it's worth it. :-)

> > Somebody should commit the patch that makes ol' RocketSim compile on GCC
> > 3.4 too.
>
> I patched this and committed it last night after I left.

Thanks!

> I also added
> a flag to link against curses, so a clean check out will now build on
> any of the Linux lab machines (or any other that uses gcc 3.4 and a
> new version of readline that requires curses).

It's not a new version (you and I are both building with readline 4.3)
and it's not about GCC version. It's just that Red Hat screwed up and
didn't build libreadline.so with appropriate library dependencies. On
Debian, -lcurses isn't even right, as readline is linked against
-lncurses. Linking against -lcurses appears harmless, at least, but it's
the wrong solution.

That said, I'm leaving it alone since it works for you and it works for
me. If somebody else complains, I may give up and autotool everything.

--Jamey