[psas-software] JTAG on the MPC5200 thoughts to discuss this evening

Josh Triplett josh at psas.pdx.edu
Tue Nov 15 12:50:18 PST 2005

Andrew Greenberg wrote:
> It's about what we expected: according to this exchange:
>
>  http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-embedded/2005-February/016759.html
>
> We won't be able to get the JTAG layout of the MPC5200 from FreeScale
> without an NDA. How.... dumb.

Technically, we don't need the JTAG layout of the MPC5200 in order to
make use of the onboard flash.  We should just need the JTAG layout of
the flash part in order to program it.  That might be available from MEN.

(That doesn't help us if we want to run gdb using the JTAG, but it would
solve our immediate problem.)

- Josh Triplett