[psas-software] PSAS T-shirt ideas, next meeting

fpmathew fpmathew at comcast.net
Fri Jul 13 09:50:52 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Sarah and I (and other members) have been bouncing some T-shirt designs
around over the last few months.  I'd like to present some of those ideas,
even with some fancy graphics, at Wednesday's meeting (7/18).  Sarah and
Jamie ought to be back for the meeting, so I think this would be a good time
to finalize the design and order shirts for the next launch.

I'll have one or more quotes from local printers and some ideas about
T-shirts, hats and even wind-breakers - we want to look good at Black Rock,
don't we? :-)  It'll take some time (I imagine) to get the quantities, final
quotes and purchase order together.  I want to get "cracking" on that after
next week's meeting.

Current ideas:

    - Shirt is black, short-sleeves.

    - Front of shirt will have PSAS logo in white across the width of the
shirt, not a small one on the upper
      left.

    - Back of the shirt will have the initials "PSAS" or "P.S.A.S." in large
block letters and yellow color.

    - Below the initials, I'd like to see some identifier in smaller yellow
block letters.  From a PR
      perspective, I think it would look cool to non-rocketeers at
presentations, Party in the Park, etc.

      Examples:
        "LAUNCH CREW", "GROUND CONTROL"

      It would be even cooler to have sub-groups e.g. "AVIONICS TEAM",
"AIRFRAME TEAM." But I think costs
      and pre-ordering the right quantities and sizes would be prohibitive.
I'll look into that.  Maybe we
      can place individual orders for those who want them, and preorder a
bunch of shirts with just the PSAS
      initials.

So, if you have any strong opinions on the matter, please show up.

Hope to see you there!

Frank