[PSAS] Volunteers Wanted -- PSU Party in the Park -- Thurdsay 9/27/2007

fpmathew fpmathew at comcast.net
Tue Sep 25 09:53:05 PDT 2007

Hey all,

Sorry for the late notice, but PSU is holding their "Party in the Park."
PSAS will have a booth and we need some volunteers to set up, take down,
answer questions, etc.  This is a great opportunity to recruit new members
and get visibility for PSAS

I haven't found out who else is working on this, so I guess I'll take the
baton.

The party is this Thursday from 10:00 to 3:00, in the PSU park blocks.  I
can be there for the whole time, but we need people to help set up at about
9:00, sit at the booth and answer questions, and take down.  Here are the
times:

9:00 Set up:  Need 1 or more volunteers to get PSAS "artifacts" to the booth
and watch the equipment.

10:00 - 11:00 Need 1 or more volunteers to stand at the booth and answer
questions and entice new students to join.

11:00 - 12:00 -  1 or more volunteers.

12:00 - 1:00  -  1 or more volunteers.

1:00 - 2:00  -  1 or more volunteers.

2:00 - 3:00  -  1 or more volunteers.

3:00 - take down and put away - 1 or more volunteers.

The more the merrier so we can take breaks, eat lunch and visit the other
booths.

If you have materials, or know where they are, bring them at 9 or 10.  I
don't have access to the rocket parts, banner or posters, so I need lots of
help for that.

Since Wednesday's meeting is pre-empted for the movie at Cinema 21, give me
a call ASAP so we can get this put together.  My cell is 503-515-2144.

We'll appreciate all the help we can get.

Frank Mathew